This individual will travel between studios to build relationships with staff and implement effective coaching. While this individual may be based in any of our studio locations (Indianapolis, Chicago, Denver, Raleigh, or Champaign) they are a firm-wide resource to be utilized by all staff. This is a highly visible position working with all levels across the organization with an expectation to facilitate regular open dialogue with voices from all disciplines and studios of the firm.
The Employee Engagement Manager will be involved in workshop creation and/or facilitation, strategic advising and leading the employee performance process within the firm. Ultimately the mission of this individual is to help RATIO become a cohesive firm of emotionally intelligent industry leaders that celebrate diversity and cultivate a sense of belonging.
- Assist with HR/Talent leadership and ensure that our engagement strategy is closely aligned with business, people, and inclusion goals.
- Design and facilitate education initiatives and partner with firm leaders to evaluate and determine learning needs.
- Align learning objectives with the development review process to equip talent for peak performance in their responsibilities.
- Coordinate the tracking and approval of professional development requests.
- Increase all RATIO employees’ ability to diffuse conflict, have critical conversations, communicate strategically, and lead change successfully.
- Coordinate with firm leadership on effective internal communication of critical information to employees.
- Be a source of support and champion the efforts of culture and inclusivity committees. Co-create expectations, identify opportunities for innovation, and serve as a conduit to firm leadership.
- People-focused leader centering the experiences and growth of staff.
- Contribute to the rollout and ongoing implementation of a new performance management system.
- Coach project managers and development coaches (mentors) on effectively leading teams and coaching employees towards successful outcomes.
- Support interpersonal development of staff through one-on-one coaching
- Advise and contribute to employee recognition and retention strategies.
- Manage the knowledge transfer (succession) planning process.
- Conduct employee engagement surveys and provide recommendations to firm leadership.
Who we’re looking for:
- 7+ years of experience preferred.
- Bachelors and/or master’s degree in Education, Adult Learning, Human Resources Management, Organization Development or Business with focus on leadership.
- Skilled facilitator and presenter that engages groups of 10-100+ while explaining complicated or new ideas.
- Experience developing, delivering, and assessing learning programs.
- Effective problem solver with an ability to effectively diagnose problems quickly, navigate complexity under pressure, and work in a group setting to guide towards solutions.
- Experience creating strategies that incorporate equity, diversity, and inclusion practices into organizational initiatives.
- Great communicator – comfortable having difficult conversations and influence with high emotional intelligence.
- Demonstrate a growth mindset with a willingness to test, ask questions, continually improve results, and take feedback in stride
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects/tasks at once and prioritize effectively.
- Experience working with a 150+ employee, multi-office organization preferred.
- Experience working with a talent management system a plus.
- We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic about learning, who is people-oriented, and willing to grow with us as an organization.